Have you tried the new Beyond Beef ground beef or hamburger patties? Now have you tried steaming it?
This burger is great for any vegetarian who is trying to cut down or completely stop eating meat products. This recipe will blow you away on just how good this will taste compared to the real thing.
Estimated Prep Time:
Estimated Cooking Time:
10 – 15 Minutes
- Using a 10″ or larger frying pan, place frying pan on the stove top
- Add 4 cups of water (2 full drinking cups) in the pan
- Insert steaming base unit into pan with water in it
- Turn on stove top range to high and wait for water to come to a boil
- Using 1 -2 of the steaming trays, fill and pack with Beyond Meat ground beef (more evenly packed, the bigger and more filling the burger)
- When the water has come to a boil in the pan, insert the steaming tray(s) into the pan and place a cover over top of the pan
- Let meet steam for 10 minutes (set 10 min countdown timer on phone/stove)
- Every 3 or so minutes, use a mini spatula to push meet in trays down to help drain the burger of water, vegetable, oil and food coloring
- Use the waiting time to prepare your bun(s). Toast and add condiments (Recommended)
- Using a block of your favorite type of cheese, cut off a 1+ inch piece and place in one remaining tray
- 9 minutes before the burgers are done being steamed, add 1 tray filled with cheese block(s).
- Check the cheese tray every few minutes to check it’s melting state
- When the block cheese in melted, remove all your trays from the pan using a mini spatula
- Use the mini spatula to remove the burgers and place them on the buns
- Use the mini spatula to scoop up the melted cheese and smother it on one burger (1 inch block of melted cheese should be enough for 2 burgers)
- Finish topping off the burger